Friday, November 12, 2010

It's Chuck's Fault

The Ural arrived today....took it out for a long test run to get the hang of it.  Drives like a dream.  It would have never occurred to me to buy a motorcycle with a side car, but Chuck was one of the first people I met out here and he has two of them - so I have him to blame now.  Benita and Mr. Floppy were curious but not impressed - they probably don't understand horsepower.  If the greenhouse doesn't work out - it will be a helluva garage for the new vehicle.  56,80,42,B

7 comments:

Andy V said...

Aqua Fria cossack!

Allen Hare said...

Yay! You got it! That's a great pic of you and Chuck. Y'all look like the desert version of "Wild Hogs". I really like the retro-camouflage paint job on yours. Can't wait to see it when you get the machine gun mounted on the sidecar. A little furry, doggie-type mascot would fit nicely in that sidecar, also. I may have to get one myself, now, just to fit in when I'm visiting. Tell Chuck I said "Howdy".

neil said...

Which one is Thelma and which one is Louise?

Anonymous said...

Hey John

Which one are you? Billy, Captain America or Jack Nicholson in "Easy Rider".

You guys can sit around the campfire at the grub shack and talk about "UFO's beamin' at ya' (a line Jack Nicholson says in Easy Rider)

I've only seen the movie 200 times.

HermitJim said...

Looking pretty good there on the new ride! Bet the beard just waves in the wind, huh?

Enjoy it, my friend!

Jim said...

What a buy. Check out this BMW MOA site. http://www.bmwmoafoundation.org/motosafe/article0708.html. I have never driven anything but a 2 wheeler, but I have been told sidecar rigs are quite different from anything you may have driven. I have seen them in Big Bend, probably Chuck's. Have fun and keep the rubber side down and the tank side up.

Unknown said...

I'm a KLR fanboy, but Urals win on cool points alone. xD