Thursday, September 27, 2012
found a hole
Been waiting on my auger guy all week...still a no show. Decided to do hole number one myself and go from there. Digging went pretty easy - 3' down and 18" in diameter. Since that went so well, I fetched pole number 1 that doubles as the SW corner of the pole barn and the new Ben fence range. Used a jack stand I built for when I raised the trusses. Turned out the extension I put on it for my out of service flame thrower was just the ticket. Jacked the 12' pole up and it dropped in the hole. Step two went well so I decided to go ahead and fix it into place with 6 bags of concrete. A full days hard labor ain't so bad when you don't do it every day. 16 more holes to go - sure hope the auger guy shows up.