Friday, July 8, 2016

gone soft in my old age...

For the past 6 days it has been 100+ during the day.  I still have yet to add the 400 watts of panels I got last year to my system so I am running my AC from 6 to 8:30 PM off my generator (just like a tourist!).  This week it has been hitting 89° inside by 6PM.  One and a half gallons of gas per day is a small price to pay for a little cool at the end of the day.  By the time I shut if off - Pepino can take up the slack for the rest of the night.  93,104,78, .64",C  UPDATE:  Got hammered with over a half inch of rain from 7:30 to 8:00.  Chupa got a shower.

5 comments:

Margery Bills said...

When I was your age I used no ac one summer but I had a big fan. It would be unpleasant to do now even at 89 temp. I just got a new ac and works well. I keep it at 77 at night and 76 or 75 in the day or 74 depending, once 72. I went to San Marcos today (college town) to get dog food but...... Not my fault..... Waiting to get on busy access road and wham.....Mr. Dread locks himself tried to make a deal with me not to report and his father would fix it...No. I have membership Sheriff stickers on my car but maybe his brakes did not work. He got a citation. They are so backed up with accidents that they can't fix the back fender for a month. I asked an elderly man in San Marcos about his thoughts about Dallas. He kindly looked at me and said, did something happen? I have not watched t.v. for days. (That's a good answer). And when a number I do not know calls, I think I will answer and say, Recording!

MsBelinda said...

I so admire the full time residents of Terlingua. Putting up with the extreme heat and many without A/C is incredible. You are one of the lucky ones.

Glad you got some liquid gold!

Sheryl Best said...

What is Pepino?

Sheryl Best said...

Oh, right, Pepino is the swamp cooler. Do you think a swamp cooler would work well in a pop up camper in Terlingua?

James Beach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.