Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Brutal Tuesday

Had rain in the forecast yesterday so I left my truck at the highway Sunday night and got a ride home.  Set this up because I had 2 appointments in Alpine today that I had to attend.  Good thing because I ended up with a road swamping yesterday.  My truck was waiting for me this morning as I spent an hour huffing it to the highway.  Left at 6:45AM with a flashlight (and an extra pair of shoes) and this was the muddiest part of the trip.  Got everything accomplished in Alpine and drove back south to walk the last 2.5 miles home.  I'm bushed. These were my morning footprints on the way out.  I managed to avoid this swampy section in the light of day on the way back.  Chance of another shower tonight but hoping just a sprinkle so my road will be good to go by this weekend.  80,85,65, .32",B

4 comments:

remmij said...

it looks risky to be strolling in the night rain…
extra shoes & a flashlight were prudent.
https://i.imgur.com/i5A2tba.png

John Wells said...

That image is exactly what I was imagining while plodding along.

JudithK said...

Used to do that 40 years ago living in the boonies, but it was only a mile walk! Still, carrying groceries made it a trek sometimes. I suppose it's good for a person. I'm still here. But can vividly imagine the mud on your shoes.

Heather said...

Hopefully it dried up quickly for you!