Thursday, December 7, 2023

Exit plan team member...


Found this article when I started investigating my options 2 months ago.  Finding any kind of care in remote areas is always tricky.  My PCP got the ball rolling after my appointment yesterday.  Spoke to my case worker Tiffany this morning and she is already on the job.  First hurdle to overcome was the dreaded "out of network" threat from my insurance company.  In just 4 hours she got BCBSTX to grant me an exemption so they will cover the nursing costs.

4 comments:

Hachita said...

So good to hear. There was a similar article in the November 2023 Texas Monthly about the group.

gumo said...

I'm sorry your are having to deal with all business end while you are ill. Do you have helpers to take some of your burden off?

My Favorite Life said...

Thinking of you, praying for you.

pamit said...

Wow, Angels Care Hospice sounds wonderful for you, and for Alpine! It seems to have come along just when you needed it. And kudos to "Tiffany" for getting you that exemption. Now you can put such details aside and be at peace...