Sunday, February 1, 2009

Go Team!













One month down and 11 more to go. Celebrated February first by laying low. Did a load of laundry in Study Butte this morning with no other plan for the rest of the day. Managed to work in an easy project by spray painting some Field Lab stencils. After mounting the signage, I took a go kart ride into the nether regions to experience the views. Finished off the day with a visit from my new friends Capt. Bob and Ann. They got the full tour.

Earlier today I had the truck radio going for a bit too long apparently....tried to start the truck at 3:30 and all I got was click,click,click. Wired up two solar panels to the truck battery and 2 hours later she started right up. Let it run for a couple of minutes and took a brief sunset drive to bump the battery back up. Finally was able to find a live streaming feed on the internet just in time to catch the last ten minutes of the super bowl....that was an excellent 4th quarter, the only football game I saw all season - and enough to last me till Feb 2010.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to have this old Checker Cab...it always had some electrical issue. Anyhoo, I bought a solar charger, about 5x12 with a dc plug, and kept it on the dashboard. Worked like a charm. Whats your trucks name.

MsBelinda said...

You sure have a lot of friends who are captains...

Liked the way your signs turned out.

Unknown said...

A man I know in Arizona attached a large water cooler to his Jeep...the kind used by work crews for drinking water. He puts soap and dirty laundry in it before he goes out for his various errands, takes out the clothes later to rinse and hang up to dry--using the vehicle's motion to agitate the clothing. You might find a similar strategy worthwhile!