Saturday, November 26, 2011

north wind...

Nice and sunny and calm when I headed north this morning.  About half way to Alpine, I ran into the cold front.  Wind, clouds and cooler temps.  Hit Johnson Feed and McCoys first.  Swung by the Farmers Market and only one table left up there - my friends Mark and Debbie.  Bought a jar of organic mustard relish.  Had lunch at La Yarda with my buddy Paul who is camping in the Davis Mountains this weekend.  Too cold to dine outside so we hunkered down inside the Murphy St. Raspa Co.  It was a very good lunch!

By the time I got home the winds were really blowing out here with a bit of a dust storm.  Too chilly to do any outside work - so I unpacked the goods and got a head start on my Sunday house cleaning.  Just after sunset, David (the payphone master) showed up to install the new phone.  He gave me some parts for the final hookup which I will do tomorrow.  In for a freeze tonight so I covered the tomato plants and brought the lettuce and chard inside for a slumber party.  44,55,39,0,W

12 comments:

Rubye Jack said...

Sounds like we're having the same weather up here in Oklahoma. I was driving over the mountain here at 5:30 pm in the Ouachitas when the wind came up and rain as what looked like soon to be sleet with lightning off to the east. A little bit scary since I just had a tire patched and didn't know if it would hold. Regardless, it is a beautiful night and yes, it will definitely freeze here also.

BBC said...

It's been real mild up here in NW Washington the last week, we don't get a lot of freezing days, just enough to bitch about them.

What we get is more rain than we want, but we sure as hell have all the water we want.

Bob Smith said...

Beautiful sunset photo. Just awesome.

mike said...

your making me hungry

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deguello said...

In the 80's I made weekly runs from Lajitas to Alpine. If there was a weather change, seems like it always happened around Elephant Mountain. Beautiful drive; I miss it.

David said...

The kids said thanks again, man it was coooold.

oildriller said...

when you going to have more cups

Allen Hare said...

Sounds like a great Saturday you had there, Mr. Wells. Wish we could've tagged along. We stopped by Murphy St. Raspa Co. on our way out a couple weeks ago, and loved it. They have so many cool things. We spent eighty dollars on merchandise and a couple of ice creams. Looking forward to next time.
Stay Warm!

WhyR said...

Gotta agree with Jo, the dusty, windy sunset is fabulous.

WhyR said...

Wow, that picture can make you shiver- that could be a face in the clouds to the right, with an arm stretched out over the setting sun. Or that could be the surface of Mars. Or it could be that I've got a snootful. Tough to say.