Thursday, November 24, 2011

time and a half...










Decided the best way to celebrate Thanksgiving this year (and the lack of harvest from my greenhouse) was to work and not eat all day.  Perhaps I will be ready for a real home grown feast next year.  Put in 8 hours backfilling the area with 5 wheelbarrow loads of desert dirt, leveling more sand, then got over 100 more pavers laid.  Cheers to all that got stuffed and lazily watched a football game all afternoon.  That's on the list for next Thanksgiving here at TFL.

Had a late afternoon visit from my new friend Jens Smits - from Germany.  He is a chemical engineer that has been away from home working in Houston for the past 4 weeks.  He is taking some time off to visit the Big Bend and is also a geocacher (Angepitou).  He got the mini tour then zeroed right in on the find here at TFL.  Awful nice of him to drop me a bottle of wine.  63,76,35,0,B

12 comments:

edobnek said...

enjoy the wine. you deserve a break. your OT check is in the mail

Rita B. said...

Happy Thanksgiving John. Can't wait to see what Thanksgiving '12 looks like at the ranch. Benita be proud...Texas won .... even tho i was backing A&M....nevermind...beautiful tradition is what it's all about. Go Horns! Go Aggies!

Jesus said...

John, with all of the pavers and cement, where will the crops be located? hanging, trellised, containers?

neil said...

I would have asked for double time pay - you deserve it. Happy Thanks!

ezrablu said...

Nice job, JW...it looks wonderful. Turkeys around the world will remember you :o)

2 Dogs said...

I'll be glad when these damn pavers are done.

My back is starting to hurt.

WhyR said...

Work and not eat? I don't understand why you'd do that. It almost seems punitive.

Billy Bob said...

Gotta king of sorta agree with what WhyR said. Although I do it all the time. But then I ain't build'n no big ol' Super Walmart neither.

Went back track'n in your old blogs. Ya come a long way from them 4 shipping containers sit'n on the ground. Can't wait to see the lighted parking lot.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Talbot said...

Guess TFL will have to be my next cache find... in the US.

Allen Hare said...

The paver work is simply beautiful.
Nice that you had a visitor on Thanksgiving.
That shot of the wine bottle got me thinking. You could do some great product advertisement photos at your place, and probably make a good living at it. But, I know you've been there before, and are on a different trajectory these days.
Holiday Cheers to you, and, as always, best of luck with whatever is next.

Terry Lively said...

Sorry we missed you this week. I got a pic of Benita, she was laying in the shade. I did not want to get too close cause didn't want to disturb her. She is truly beautiful in person.

Had some deer sausage for you, but didn't want to leave it on the porch.

God bless, and catch you next time around.

Terry