Wednesday, December 5, 2012

the right white...

Put one last coat of barn red on the south side today.  Primed all the trim I have ready then tried out an antique white that I am quite happy with.  Glidden Pro Master Interior/Exterior Latex Flat.  I find regular bright white trim to be rather frightening when used against a dark color.  (I am rather particular about color...coming from a guy who painted the interior of his upstate NY farmhouse 35 different colors - this is just 5 out of 12 different color schemes in the old homestead).  Note:  the family that bought my house had the entire interior repainted all white...ouch!
54,73,38,0,B,0

9 comments:

Freebirdmcmlvii said...

You are truly an artist. What are the dimensions on your barn?

Hannah said...

Where's the multicolored striped rug in the NY photos from?

John Wells said...

I bought it at IKEA...still have it.

ratgirls said...

Love the colors! Always liked the colors inside your little house too.

mwsmarc said...

Great pic, John. Perfect proof of the old adage that says the purpose of every step in construction is to cover up the previous step.

Hannah said...

IKEA! That's fantastic! It looks amazing in that room.

Colin de los Santos said...

Amigo John, I have a question: WHY do you find it frightening to have white trim next to bold, dark colors? I just painted my music studio a 'forest green' with white trim. Artist to artist, I'm curious to hear your opinion, thanks!

Allen Hare said...

Lookin' Good!

John Wells said...

Colin...I think it must have something to do with living in such a bright sunny part of the world...white white is just too bright out here.