Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Tired

Had my first flat tire on the highway today.  Was heading south on 118 and got the bumpy ride message.  Had to go about 200 yards to make it to Terlingua Ranch Rd...just long enough to ruin the tire but not the wheel.  Found all the gear to change it in my back seat after digging through all the stuff that shouldn't be there.  This experience has inspired me to clean out the cab.  Got the spare lowered and was just about to start on the first lug nut when some anonymous samaritans came along to lend assistance.  I had all the right stuff to git'r'done quickly.  Came back home and turned some imaginary PayPal dollars into 2 new tires (gonna rotate out one of my 3 good tires as the new spare).  They are due to arrive Monday.  89,95,68,0,B

5 comments:

rj said...

Those paypal dollars do work

Margery Billd said...

`They say if you have no shoes, then you meet the man with no feet. Glad you got your tires straightened out. I'm dealing with being rear ended while I was stopped at a YIELD sign at a busy highway. Three sheriffs came and were so nice.`

rondeb said...

John, Where do you order your tires. We have determined we need to buy our daughter a set of tires for her truck and I have just started researching the best tires for the money. I found a local shop to install them for $12 a tire so looking to see if ordering on line would be cheaper than buying local and getting free install. Thanks - I love to use other peoples research where possible.

rondeb said...

I bid on your ingot, but after 6 attempts and I kept being outbid, I may have to give up. (I really want that silver bar for my grandson who I introduced to your blog 3 years go with one of your first coins. He wants this so bad. Maybe just have to keep trying and be a Christmas gift.

John Wells said...

rondeb...click on the underlined word "tires" in the post - it is a link to where I ordered from. There will be 2 more ingots up for auction. One starting this Sunday and the last one starting the following Sunday. Good Luck!