Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Seriously...?

Road is good to go - but... 
I am a bit overdue for a supply run and decided to also do a couple loads of laundry since the coast was clear now.  Got all packed up and - my truck battery was D.E.A.D.  Tried putting a charge on it and still nothing.  Since I never remember when I last replaced a vehicle battery, I've made a habit of writing the install date on it with a Sharpie.  Seems this dead one was put into service on 8/19/17.  Oops.  Five years was really pushing it.  Placed an order for a new battery at AutoZone in Alpine and a friend just happens to be there today and will bring it to me either tonight or tomorrow.  Also getting some new top post battery terminals as the old ones are in pretty bad shape.  87,94,65,0,B

7 comments:

Milton said...

Was that a jackrabbit on the road?

John Wells said...

Where...? I didn't spot anything moving.

Hachita said...

A wrecker driver showed me. One lives in my truck now. Versatile.
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB70-UltraSafe-Lithium-Gasoline/dp/B016UG6PWE/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3MNTHNL0SAN3Y&keywords=gb70+noco+boost+hd+12v+2000a&qid=1662608877&sprefix=gb70%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-3

Postictal said...

The second before returning. About as far as down the road as you can see.

DEL said...

I wondered about it to. It seems to be running toward the camera but the drone turned around before i could make out what it was.

John Wells said...

Well, what do ya know... I hadn't noticed it. Yeah - it was probably a jack rabbit.

remmij said...

once everything is ALL electric that won't happen… rriiiggght… good you have friends.
that's a busy piece of roadway… potential traffic light location…
zoomed in on the road… more than met the eye initially…