Sunday, July 24, 2011

long sunday shift...













Benita had breakfast this morning with her buddy Dennis Hopper.  Outside edge welded on today.  Seemed to take forever.  Had to trim all the beams then mounted a 20 foot section across the middle.  By the time I welded the south side piece on it was already 2PM.  More stormy chances this afternoon so I headed south for generator gas.  I wasn't fooled by the doppler radar when I got home so I cut and pasted the north piece on the long west beam.  Today was the last good chance for rain - the 10 day forecast looks pretty dry.  93,101,69,0,B  NOTE:  Last year on this day it rained 1.15".

5 comments:

tffnguy said...

Hell of a job.

Rita B. said...

Benita is such a generous lady. love watching your progress. praying for rain for you and Benita & co. (and us in Houston). very happy to see the Grub Shack will be reopening....when it reopens.

MsBelinda said...

You did a great job. I really admire your work ethic.

Love that picture of Benita and Dennis Hopper. BTW does Benita stay there at night or do she go off in the desert until morning?

Dani said...

Did Dennis get a home grown tomato :)

Allen Hare said...

I'm beginning to realize that a large and varied supply of clamps are essential for many different projects. Looks like you have plenty!

The trim piece for the beams looks great. I guess that clears up my question from yesterday. The beam ends are taken care of.

Such a great pic of D. Hopper and Benita. The "Peaceable Kingdom" lives at your place!