Tuesday, March 1, 2016

a new tip to tip...

Been 15 months since I have cuddled with Ben out in the pen.  I have been a little apprehensive to start again since he is quite a bit bigger now.  Finally ventured out and discovered he still loves me as much as he did 300 pounds ago.  Catching him during a cud chewing session when he is down works just fine since he is sort of in a trance.  Not quite up to running away from him yet if he is up and about out there - he used to like to chase me.  He even let me get a new horn measurement... 65 1/8" - and was able to get some overdue hoof clipping done.  His horns have curved up a lot since December 2014.  73,96,54,0,B   

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't think I've ever seen a picture of Ben in the rain. What does he think of it?

Margery Billd said...

Gosh, his horns are a little longer than I am tall.

Rita B. said...

He looks soooo happy. Bob would be so proud of her little boy. He's just gorgeous.

Ricardo said...

Was it really 96F there today?

Larry G said...

massive - gorgeous BEN!

JohnnyM said...

Just amazing! I glad to hear you are able to be closer to Ben. I would bet he missed you being close as much as you missed being near to him.

Linda said...

Would love to see picture of him as a youngster. Must have been adorable.

Zole said...

A younger Ben with short horns!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nvM9JhiBR08/UKgpTCS6WKI/AAAAAAAAIvM/MhuRJbu1h-4/s1600/firsttiptotip.jpg