Tuesday, March 22, 2016

the eagles have landed...

Just received an order of 2016 silver eagles that were on sale for $16.95.  This is the 30th year that the government has been pumping them out.  Their price has gone up a dollar since I ordered but then again so has the price of silver.  It is still a handsome coin at a good price.  The website says Limit 10 but you can do multiple orders.  The US Mint sold 47,000,000 of these last year...a record since they started minting them in 1986.  Got me to thinking about the next offering from The Field Lab Mint... 78,92,48,0,B

5 comments:

Margery Billd said...

Heavy to move around if someone is on the move.

HordeHey said...

Hi 16.95 but what did you actually pay to get them, if I may ask. Ivebeen buying silver eagles for several years now and seems the amount I can buy usually under 10 coins and I pay around 19-20$ even though spot is well currently at apmex http://www.apmex.com/product/23331/1-oz-silver-american-eagle-bu-random-year

Any thoughts or places you may suggest. Dont get me wrong apmex is fast, and I've never had an issue other then I pay more.

Thanks in advance

John Wells said...

As long as you order 9 or more...shipping is free.

HordeHey said...

I totally missed the link you have showing where you purchased :-) Awesome stuff. Thank you so much. Its 17.95 currently so I'll hold a few and see if I can get a lil better price. Thanks again, Ty. I may have found my new silver sellers. Have a great day

John Wells said...

I would only use GovMint for deals like this...all their other stuff has a high premium. They did this sale just to get more people on their mailing list. For bullion I like Monarch Precious Metals from their own website... and Apmex and Scottsdale Mint on Ebay.