Tuesday, June 14, 2016

ADS-B

Just got the equipment from FlightRadar24, shipped all the way from Vierkirchen, Gemany.  Mode-S/ADS-B receiver and power supply, external Mode-S antenna, low loss coaxial cable, ethernet cable, and GPS antenna and cable...and a key chain.  Chupa attacked Nikki from FedEx so she had to throw the box at him to defend herself - he gets really cranky when it's hot.  I think she was pleased to hear that my rooster Frank (named after the other FedEx driver) got eaten by a coyote.  Will put the gizmos into service tomorrow if I can beat the heat.  All I have to do is wire it all up and plug it into the modem and it starts looking for air traffic - sending data to their server.  93,100,72,0,B

4 comments:

Margery Billd said...

Lucky nothing was damaged. Lucky the birds were not turkeys.

Unknown said...

FlightRadar24 is a cool site. Looked at sites kinda like it before, never gave it much thought. But was looking at it, stepped out on the back porch and there was a JetBlu flight going south west.

Margery Billd said...

I wonder sometimes where all these small planes are going, who is on them and what they are doing. But the big light pink space shuttle low over my back yard grinding like a tuck was the best sight I ever saw (especially since my dad worked on that in the beginning 50's. - what an accomplishment today). And I wonder how some of the pilots might have liked getting up at 4 a.m. to go fly.

Harry Flashman said...

Guess you have to be prepared for the unexpected out there to work for Fedex!