Thursday, March 9, 2017

Coming Attractions

I have recently been in contact with my Swedish filmmaker friend Jesper Wachtmeister.  He and Kenneth Svedlund came back to visit me when I was freshly injured and still in a wheelchair.  The film they did which included a look at TFL back in 2012 is well worth the $3.99 rental.  Jesper is graciously allowing me to use some desperately needed footage for an upcoming friday night film - it will be up on March 17th.  He has another project he is working on and the specifics are here for those that are inclined to share their story...  75,80,68,0,C
Presently I am working on a documentary with the title ”Reset”. 
It will be based on interviews with people who have chosen to change identity and start a new life.
I am primarily looking for people who have made a choice to do this – not people who were forced to change identity.
Today we have interviewed four persons who for different reasons have chosen to start over under a new or hidden identity.  Now I am looking for other people who would be willing to share their stories. 
Please contact me on jesper@solarisfilm.se if you are interested, or if you have suggestions of people - and I’ll be happy to send more information and clips about the project.

8 comments:

intermittent marathonian 00 said...

The Field Lab: Fascinating for many reasons.

Margery Billd said...

Magical, avant grade, creative minds that know no boundaries. Love it. (But the Swedes, Finns, Norwegians, and Danish are up in Ishpeming, Negaunee, Marquette, Houghton-Hancock, Michigan and Minnesota, where I lived for awhile since I am a little Sweedish, Danish, and then the Finnish. We ice skated up there and walked in a lot of snow among other things). TY for all the good info.

Margery Billd said...

That is one thing I noticed about the Swedish/Americans I met in Michigan. They were innovative creative people with progressive ideas and initiated ideas quickly without wasting time. They were also take charge people too (and sometimes played jokes). They gave me the opportunity to earn my B.A. College degree too.

Margery Billd said...

Well this is what happened in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Years ago boat loads of Finnish people were brought over to mine the Iron Ore Mines because they were so strong (like the Russians). Then boat loads of English were brought over to manage the mines and be the bosses because of their managerial skills. One day the Finnish and Sweedish could see that the English needed vacations, so they said that the bosses could vacation in Florida and then the Sweedish would send the checks to the English in Florida. The English mostly left and stayed in Florida and the Sweedish and Finnish remained and took over and run the place. Later when people visited the beautiful area of the UP and wanted to buy land, indeed the Sweedish sold the outsiders land, problem was there was no road access into the heavily forested area. Of course that has changed today and things are expensive.

Unknown said...

Eish John! How you managed over there with a wheelchair and a moonboot I really don't know. All I can say is ...hats off to you!!

Cyber2lz said...

Capture on the big TFL mug!!!! Nice !

Margery Billd said...

(Actually I think my Danish heritage came from my Russian heritage because the Russian aristocracy married the Danish aristocracy).

Margery Billd said...

I do not have a relationship problem so I will not be using the service Cora Sanchez offers. And that is like what the gypsies offer anyway.