Tuesday, March 1, 2022

A day in the big city...

 

Aside from stocking up on food and feed and doing laundry - I turned in the satellite phone I've had for 12 years (and only used twice - and that was just to make sure it worked).  I got it for emergencies because it was a cheap option available for rural communities.  The service used to be subsidized and the initial cost was somewhere around $100 and monthly service for 300 minutes was $25.  They lost part of their subsidy at the end of last year and monthly service jumped to $80.  Also swung by BBT to cancel my DSL and remove auto-pay from my phone bill.  (Starlink is still performing well beyond my expectations with speeds averaging 275 Mbs down and 60 Mbs up, and zero noticeable service interruptions).  I am expecting to cancel my phone service with them in about a week.  More on the cell phone saga soon...  
73,79,35,0,B

2 comments:

remmij said...

ever hang out with Ed? in Marfa or Alpine
Ed
Amarillo

Un Paisano said...

John, awesome to here Starlink is working well. I may use north of Marfa. Great to here it might replace lots of other things for less cost.