Friday, March 11, 2022

The psychology of novelty...


Ordered yet another camera to try out.  This one pretty much does all the same things the Blink cameras do - and something they don't.  The Wyze camera can also record long duration video and long duration time lapses (thinking plant cam).  And unlike the Blink system, Wyze cameras have an onboard micro SD card for storage of photo and video files.  The files can be accessed by downloading them through wifi via the app or physically removing the SD card and placing it into a computer.  So suddenly I have 6 extra cameras (7 if you include the one in my smart phone).  All this new stuff got me to thinking about the psychology of novelty.  51,58,42,0,W

5 comments:

just.Bob said...

I’ve got 6 Wyze cameras of different types I’ve bought since their beginning when they only sold cameras and only from them directly. They now sell all kinds of stuff, and thru retailers such as Amazon and Office Depot. The’re cheap, but they don’t do much. But certainly not as expensive as others like Ring, etc. We mainly use ours to check on our dogs while we are out of town. Personally, I think you will be disappointed in them being the photographer techy guy you are.

just.Bob said...

I mean Home Depot. That IPA is working on me.

John Wells said...

Here is some time lapse footage that looks pretty decent... https://youtu.be/BkfY61ya6dk

Atomic Lewis said...

I have several Wyze Cams and the newer models with the color night images are simply outstanding for the price, esp. since they allow you to simply use the onboard recording and forego their subscription service... They've endured two Canadian winters so far, so just for that they're real impressive... Of course they're not SLR quality, but what do you expect for 25$???

John Wells said...

Atomic Lewis...thanks for that review. 1080P quality is fine for me for videos I post on YouTube. I don't go any higher resolution even with my camera that has the ability to shoot in 4K. No reason to - since most people watch YouTube on a cell phone anyway.