Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Cute as a button...

 

Tested out the new EZVIZ C6 2K+ indoor camera today.  I was planning on doing a video review too, but there are already some on YouTube that are better than anything I could do.   The C6 is fairly simple to set up and the image quality is really nice, and the slightly faster frame rate mostly eliminates blurring of things in motion.  The horizontal tracking and AI recognition work surprisingly well, but I was kind of expecting it to tilt up and down automatically too.  That has to be done manually (and after thinking about it for a while - that really wouldn't make sense anyway).  For a new user, the menus are a little confusing and tricky to navigate (it took me forever to figure out how to remove the micro-SD card that I put into it).  I think a lot of overseas companies these days send out free products for review and end up with detailed how-to videos posted on YouTube so they don't have to include a manual written in broken English.  One other plus is that the E6 supports 2.4/5GHz dual band Wi-Fi (the Wyze cameras are 2.4 GHz only).  But while my Wyze cameras only shoot up to 1080P as opposed to the C6's 2K, I really like that the Wyze cameras can be programmed for continuous recording and time lapses in advance and as long as you keep it powered up, it will it keep running even from a remote location that is out of wifi range.  For me, time lapse capability is a plus, but I understand that moving the camera out of range probably isn't an issue with a security camera that will most likely get permanently installed in a fixed location.  The C6 image quality at night including color night vision is just as good if not better than the Wyze cameras but until there is an update, the infrared LEDs for night vision can't be turned off on the C6.  All in all, it is a very nice product for the price-point considering the features.  To be honest, I probably wouldn't have purchased this camera to try out had the company not sent it to me for free (thanks EZVIZ!) - but it is a nice deal if you are looking for a great little security camera with the features I mentioned above.   One of their other cameras that I am really interested in is their slightly more expensive C8PF Dual-Lens Weatherproof Pan &Tilt Wi-Fi Camera.  Of course I could write all about that one in a future blog post if they choose to send me one of those as well... 103,110,64,0,C

2 comments:

Lollaandlosh said...

Success JW😁 sorted!

John Wells said...

What did you do to fix it?