Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Boosted again...

Fired up the just received Wavelink AC 600 Wi-Fi repeater and getting full signal again 250 meters away at Mailbox Road.  My entrance camera is back in business.  As of today, these are still a great deal on Amazon while they are offering 39% off plus a $15 coupon.  87,91,67,0,B

UPDATE:  This unit has failed already - just like the previous unit.  Not sure what the issue is so I am returning this one for a full refund.  Perhaps there is a reason why they slashed the price so dramatically.  Going to try the Wavelink AC 1200 next.

4 comments:

Hachita said...

Bummer on the AC600. Hope the 1200 works.
I’d like to cast my home wifi to my garage and small back yard without creating a second wifi network. So my devices don’t have to switch back and forth. I could run a cat5 cable out to the garage but would prefer to use unit wirelessly inside mounted on an exterior wall.

Got a suggestion which configuration to use?

John Wells said...

I think the only way to do that without creating a second wifi network is to replace your existing router with a mesh network router.

Hachita said...

Helpful. Thank you

Joel White said...

Look up "powerline wifi" it's couple of boxes to extend your wifi to any ac wall plug on your house side of the transformer. I used to have one in my last house, worked good.