Friday, June 5, 2009

stocked up




Started the day with coffee in my new KRTS cup - the coffee tastes really great in this cup. Hit Alpine by 10:15AM for a half day of load fetching. Made a stop in the local hardware store that has lots of parts, guns and ammo, an equipment rental division, and a Radio Shack....what more can a man ask for in a hardware store? Lately I have included collecting throw away pallets from McCoy's during my round trips. These will be used for some landscape fencing - can't beat free materials.

Returned home at 1:15PM and fridged up my cold stuff along with two bags of ice. Headed back to the Grub Shack for lunch. Rusty showed up (in his favorite hat) for his favorite Grub Shack Reuben Sandwich. The absolute best lunch south of Alpine. (Reuben available only on Friday and Saturday)

Came back to The Field Lab and put away my supplies and unloaded 14 more pallets. While I was shelving the goods I gave a once around inside to clear the chaos a bit. Finished off the afternoon firing up the old desktop computer to run a cad program I have. Used it to sort out some dimension details for the greenhouse roof shape.

Had a brief late day visit from Ryan and his dad, Marc (not Mark ). Dad came out to check out his son's new desert empire. He caught my episode on Texas Country Reporter so he already had the pre-tour of The Field Lab.


6 comments:

Zole said...

Hey John, it looks as if Benita is making herself at home. How long do longhorns live and about how old do you think she is? BTW, glad you started keeping out the anonymous commenter that is getting on my last nerve. Well, I definitely look forward to all your projects. C-ya Zole from Md.

Anonymous said...

I hate it when I get on Zole's last nerve. Hee Hee

Allen Hare said...

I find it amazing that McCoy's is giving away those pallets. I'm a trucker, and I know that they bring about five dollars apiece on the used resale market. Many companies that have a net surplus of pallets will save them up until they have a full truckload, then sell them. That's quite a chunk o' change! I guess the distance from Alpine back to "civilization" make this unfeasable.
I hope your malaize is subsiding...

Bob O said...

John, glad to hear you sound like you are doing better. Good score on the pallets!

Bob O said...

Great hat on your friend there. You might want to check out Akubra hats, made in Australia. They last forever and do the job in a low-humidity desert environment. Check 'em out, mate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akubra

Rusty said...

Hey John, Bailey got nailed six time by the conenose that made it past our boots (we had killed three in the previous days) Back home now but will see you in a few weeks. Rusty

John,
Sorry we didn't recognise you without your Billy Gibbons sunglasses on. I'll remember to be throwing up next time I see you so you can recognise me!
Ayrton