Sunday, June 7, 2009

rerun

Someone emailed me a week or so ago that the TCR piece was going to air again this weekend. Must have happened this morning because I got slammed with views, emails, and comments...THANKS! for taking the time view the site and blog and for the comments and emails.

A super hot day today....high in the sun of 110..... 7% humidity. Got up to 83 inside today with 40% humidity. Benita got good snacks, too much of my water, and is in the shade of my house as we speak. Did a major job cleaning my counter top today...there was just too much useless stuff that I had to look at everyday - taking up available horizontal space. Funny how you get used to the clutter then discover how good it feels to get rid of it. Set my new indoor grill top in place in the kitchen but have to get some fittings so the hose to the tank is out of the way.

10 comments:

Tom and Nancy said...

The Texas Country Reporter segment on The Field Lab aired this morning (Sunday) in the Dallas market. We enjoyed it, and enjoy following your exploits... Tom & Nancy in Plano...

Barney, The Old Fat Man said...

I would think that a cookie sheet under that burner set would be good protection for the wood counter top.

Ben in Texas said...

You are going to put the propane tank outside aren't you? DO NOT put in inside with the cook top.

Anonymous said...

I just learned of your blog tonight on TexasCountryReporter. Very interesting. I plan to read more.
Lyn Del Davis
Jasper, TX

sand said...

TX Country Reporter- a Favorite.

I have some serious repairs and considerations of what I may do with rest of Life since Rita.

The kitchen into a galley size.
Wooded acre became a bird sanctuary when old house fell on lawnmower.

Eyeballing remaining clapboard to alter old trailer.

Boondocks on highway 96 means much is possible.
Look forward to- IDEAS.

Anonymous said...

Watched the TCR segment tonight. It wasd like a breath of fresh air for former Sul Ross students and West Texas natives. Lived since 1970 in God's country - Piney Woods of East Texas. Still miss the wide open spaces and beautiful sunsets of W TX...

Jerry & Joy
Kilgore

MsBelinda said...

Has Benita taken up residence at the Field Lab? She seems to be there an awful lot. Wonder what the other longhorns do for water? mossy on down to the swimming hole?

Kitchen looks tidy. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Hello John. Have been absorbed in all of your work and writings. Really interested in the swamp cooler! Wonder if you could provide detailed info? Have to agree with ole Ben on the propane though. Got some questions about refrigeration but will save them for laterz.

Unknown said...

edv7028...

It does my heart good to see that the good old American Spirit still lives in some of us. On top of Mr. Wells admirable strength and determination is his contribution to education.
It may not be on the level of Lewis & Clark; but is similar to NASA "On a budget".
Best of Luck !
edv7028

rikkisdirtymama said...

Hi, john, I have a grill just like yours, I use it when I travel with my horse trailer........ Awesome little dude...... I continually get inspiration from your site and i am almost done with my solar shower..... My husband is continualy amazed with my imagination!!! LOL My next venture will be to add solar power out where I keep my horses......(and an oven) I look forward everyday to your pics, texas colors are the most beautiful and you capture them so well.