Tuesday, March 30, 2010

winter refrigerator

Made the rounds up town including my visit with my friends at KRTS. If you are ever in Marfa - feel free to drop in on them....just like the Field Lab - visitors are always welcome at the studios of Marfa Public Radio. As usual, I was late leaving and late getting home with the goods. Benita hung out like a champ waiting for some supper.

Reloaded refrigerant into my winter time ice box. 90 beers and cold SW Texas nights = 6 months of free food cooling in my insulated box on the porch. Think I got about another 2 or 3 weeks before I have to move it inside and start buying an ice block once a week.

Adding a new indicator to my daily string of numbers....C=calm, B=breezy (0-15mph winds), W=windy (15-30 mph winds), G=gusty (30+mph winds). 73,93,34,0,B

7 comments:

Out and About said...

what happen to the old refrigerant?

Anonymous said...

I will have a propane fridge..I can go without alot, cold beer isn't one of them.

Bob from Athens said...

I just checked the weather forecast and Terlingua is gonna be hotter than Death Valley for the next few days. Looks like your supply of refrigerant might take a hit. A "cold" front is gonna take them down to 72. They must be enjoying that, next week it'll probably be 110 there.

Bob from Athens said...

Hey John, whats going on with your web cam, I've checked it out about a dozen times in the last couple of days and it is always the same picture. Date says march 27, Ain't nothing going on there? Or is it just been a couple slow days. Or is it me. I'm getting stickam just fine

chempilot said...

oh yeah!

Andy V said...

So....90 beers.... a week's supply? Hmmm, sounds about right. Stay thirsty, my friend.

packratrick said...

Is it possible to focus your heat, from the solar fryer, on the "Cooling Element" of a propane refrigerator? If you can you should be able to make ice during the day.