Friday, November 9, 2012

Moringa oleifera

Got a visit this morning from my new best friends Greg and Laura from California.  Contact them if you are in the market for a classic gas stove...  www.applestoves.com   They said they would have brought me one but it was too heavy for their carry on luggage. 










Planned out the next supply run for Ben's barn.  Swung by the mailboxes today and got a package from India.  Someone told me about the Moringa tree and decided I should track down some seeds.  This sounds like an amazing plant that just might do well out here.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqwk9KFLTI0&feature=endscreen&NR=1  I got 200 seeds and you can't beat this price - http://www.amazon.com/Moringa-100-Oleifera-seeds/dp/B004NKXZUK/ref=?ie=UTF8&m=A1Q7EMDUZQ42IZ   Got them 10 days after I placed the order.  70,84,52,0,B,0

7 comments:

Bob from Athens said...

Only one minor problem with these trees. They DO NOT tolerate frost or freezing temperatures, so make sure you do something to protect them during the winter

Janet said...

I'm the one who recommended you check out the moringa for your greenhouse. There is a man west of Fort Worth who planted his moringa seeds outdoors. They did die out last winter, but this spring they came back from the root and grew through the spring and summer in spite of the drought. The stenopetala moringa variety is more sensitive to cold weather than the oleifera that you have. I planted mine in a pot and take it inside when it is cold.

John Wells said...

thanks Janet!

Anonymous said...

from Ben to Moringa Oleifera , what a big shift and a huge intelectual curiosity yurs (NY pay phones pics included with Christ hand markings), ADMIRE LIKE dude.
I did check them in Amazon (some available from Fla also). Look forward yu plant grow harvest those, learn yur progres. Thanks for sharing man. One more thing to look for when in the area (Terlingua, Big Bend)in future.

Mary Rose said...

I have a baby Moringa tree started from seed this year in a pot on my porch. The leaves have a very nice nutty flavor.

Marny said...

Always makes me a little nervous when introducing non-native plants. I live in western NC where the &%#$ kudzu is trying to take over.

Khitttisun said...

i know this fact and take moringa capsules for a year now. Before that, i sleep 8 hours a day, it is not even enough for me. Nowadays, i sleep only 7 hours a day and i feel i have very full and good night sleep. The moringa capsules i take is the high quality capsules made in Thailand. I even become their distributors from this amazing capsule

Visit my website @ http://www.thaiherbsbyta1960.com

I sell the capsules with very low profit because i want everyone to have a healthy life