Tuesday, November 20, 2012

super screws...













Forgot I had about 40 more lag screws to put in before the rafters.  Took all day to drive 'em in.  Just for fun, I topped off each connection with a 4" super screw...coated stainless steel.   Each spot had a standard 4" course thread drywall screw (to hold things in place), two 3/8 x 5" galvanized hex screws, and then one super screw.  Each hex screw required 3 different drill bits.  My drill and ratchet have had a workout...and my shoulder is a little sore.  Managed to at least mark where the rafters will go the north and south side.

Ben was happy to spend his first full day out in the new acre while I worked on his pole barn.  Not sure if it was the bale of hay he snuggled up to or the fact that he was near me all day.  66,78,46,0,B,0

7 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Good job, John. It is looking good.

JohnnyM said...

Of course Ben was happy to be near you all day

DEL said...

Maybe Benny was gaurding his stash!

Dani said...

Been wondering how Ben is going to take being "cast out" to the fringes?

Reckon he sure is going to miss you. Or are you only going to herd him to the enclosure / barn at night?

designSTUDIO said...

I love those "SPAX" type screws. Driving an 8" screw through 6"x2" fir decking (through the 6" dimension) without pre-drilling is truly a wonderful experience.

Cranky said...

Hi John,nice work. Sometimes to save battery life , I use soap or wax on the threads.I think I used sunblock last time.
cheers, Cranky

Allen Hare said...

That should hold it. A lesser man would have said "Hey, screw this".