Friday, May 27, 2016

unflat

Had a tough time with the worst creased tire.  Worked it a little too far off the bead gobbing the goop in there.  The strap method didn't work very well at all since it just made the tire crease more in the bad spot.  The bead sealer is VERY flammable so I knew better than to try this.  Finally bounced and pounded it enough for the bead to grab and it filled with air.  I didn't work the bead on the second tire nearly as much so it inflated easily.  Filled both tires to 12 psi. and gonna let them sit in the hot sun at that pressure for awhile so they will forget their crease memories.  Operating pressure is 5 psi.  79,89,71,0,W

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Excuse me for putting in my 2-cents unasked but I gotta say I'd go with the best tires I could afford.

John Wells said...

It is only a go kart...that I am selling as soon as I get it road worthy.

Unknown said...

I see ... riding motorcycles in my earlier days always kept my mind on tires and brakes. I would have put on an 18-wheeler air horn too if I could have figured out how to do it! :)

Margery Billd said...

I always buy the best tires I can afford.

Margery Billd said...

Facing that situation again as soon as possible.

Margery Billd said...

I even took the tires off a new car several years ago and put better ones on. Gave the other new tires to a son and told them he could sell them or whatever. Now have to buy the 3rd or 4th new set for that car.

Ronald Mahan said...

Terlingua Ranch roads are notoriously tough on normal tires. Only tire I use on my 4x4 Ford truck on those roads - are Michelin Load Range E tires. They survive rocks that will destroy lessor tires - and are well worth their extra purchase cost. Ends flats and cut down tires - if you can avoid most of the larger rocks?

bob r said...

ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET!!!!!!!!!!