Friday, August 12, 2016

Ipomoea batatas


Yes...it's still called the greenhouse because I continue to foster dreams of farming.  If I fail in that direction, I reckon I could start calling it "the hangar" - until I fail at fostered dreams of flight.  Then I will just call it the big shipping container building and everyone will be happy.  Noticed two weeks ago that a couple of sweet potatoes got lost on my counter until I saw they were sprouting out of the bag.  Decided to stick them in some dirt (in the greenhouse) to see what would happen.  That being said, they are growing like mad now.  After seeing this comment yesterday...When are you going to quit calling it a "greenhouse" ?...I found that sweet potato greens are actually good to eat so just for you DEL, I will cook some up with my dinner tonight.  84,98,77,0,B

7 comments:

Margery Billd said...

Wow, I did not know they are good greens. How do they taste? Grow more, they are so pretty.

Janet said...

Well, I got to see something green quicker than I expected ... sweet potato greens! Bon appetit John.

Mike said...

Slap some green paint around. Then, no questions.

Larry G said...

None other than Ricky Nelson uttered a profoundly important idea:

" You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"

then there are some other guys who also had thoughts:

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory.”
― Mahatma Gandhi


“If you take responsibility and blame yourself, you have the power to change things. But if you put responsibility on someone else, then you are giving them the power to decide your fate.”
― Deja King, Dirty Little Secrets

“H is for Habit, winners make a habit of doing the things losers don't want to do.”
― Lucas Remmerswaal, The A-Z of 13 Habits: Inspired by Warren Buffett

JohnnyM said...

Nice!

Margery Billd said...

Yeah, good Larry. TY

DEL said...

I like the comeback, did not know sweet spuds would sprout. I will be interested in how they taste?
I also liked (https://www.blogger.com/profile/11878152240514975518) Mike Johnson's idea.
Bonne appetite!