Friday, October 28, 2016

step three...

So far so good.  Even without any extra reinforcements, the rig handles me plus the motor (260 lbs) pretty well.  Still a lot of fine tuning to go.  Made an executive decision this afternoon to beef up the wheel size from 10" to 13" (which adds 3 more pounds I have to shave off from somewhere else).  Luckily, my hand truck has been in desperate need of new wheels for a long time and the ten inchers are a perfect fit (including a spare since I have 3 of them).  The tricky part will be piecing together the front fork...and I will have to wait for the bigger tires before I figure that one out.  78,84,57,0,B

5 comments:

Steve said...

I was suggesting wheels something along these lines. these weighs 4 pounds each, with a little shopping around you could probably find lighter ones. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200147124_200147124. Your fabricating skills continue to impress.

Steve said...

These were allegedly used on a golf cart with a 300 pound passenger, and they weigh only 1.5 pounds each. https://www.amazon.com/Small-Tires-and-Wheels-Wheel/dp/B010C13DGE.

David Holloway said...

Shave three pounds? Titanium and TIG? Or fish and salad?

John Wells said...

Sticking with steel so I reckon it is fish and salad...and no more BBQ sandwiches for lunch.

Flyboy1957 said...

Not that you're going for any speed records, don't forget larger/ fatter tires will also create more drag.