Saturday, March 3, 2012

3 1/2 year later...

The Boomer and the Trammellator came out today.  Last time they were here was September 22. 2008.

Now a little more about Carl.  Stilt house Ben and his wife Vanessa brought him out him out for me from Fredricksberg.  Seems Carl had sort of adopted them but he didn't really fit in there.  I really have no need for a rooster so I will be relocating him soon to some folks in Alpine (unless I get too attached - or hungry).  He started crowing this morning at 5AM and doesn't come with a snooze button.  In the meantime, he has made himself at home here - and roosts at night on the rack on my truck. 


Got the rest of my stuff this morning in Alpine to seal up the north and south sides of the greenhouse.  My friends at Johnson Feed donated 5 more big feed tubs for future plants.  Popped in to visit my silkscreener buddy Rick at Bullshirtz to go over some details on new TFL tshirts available next month.  Found a nice native fig tree to adopt before heading home.   52,65,36,0,W

7 comments:

alam0tx said...

I noticed you didn't refer to Ben as your buddy nor Vanessa as your friend after a night or two with their gift "Carl"...hahaha

John Wells said...

actually....Ben and Vanessa are two of my best friends - in spite of Carl.

Unknown said...

Interesting bird, quite handsome-- have heard roosters can and will crow all day long. Carl better be careful lest he attract the attention of a wylie-coyote.

S.A.B.L.E. said...

If Carl keeps roosting on your truck rack, he might end up dinner for an owl, if you have those in the area. I've lost a number of chickens that way. If you decide to keep him, he may need a more secure roost.

Sorry there is still no sign of Benita. I know the not knowing what happened is difficult.

Jim said...

I was looking at your live stream. That chicken looks right at home. I think you have another pet,John.

Rev.JimmyLeeBob said...

It's Carlito's Way.....

Allen Hare said...

Yep, he's a fine looking bird. They are very social, so he might need a harem, or some other male friends to fight with or something. A hawk or owl would be his most probable doing-in.