Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's What's For Dinner

The last of the Panther Mountain Clan hit the road for home today.  They gifted me as usual with their leftover supplies - including a bag of prairie oysters and a brief description of how to prepare calf fries.  First chance to try out the new knife and it did the trick ( that's Russell the knife maker in the middle and yes he does sell them so if anyone is interested - I can put you in touch with him). 

Since this is my first time trying these, I must admit the prep is a bit creepy because...well...they feel like testicles.  Dipped in flour, salt, and pepper - I deep fried them in olive oil.  Pretty dang tasty - kinda like fried chicken livers. 

I thought about doing a video of my prep work but found this one on YouTube with a much better looking host.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UndHdzhrsAs   80,87,62,0,W

4 comments:

alam0tx said...

YEP...She is better lookin, John...

Birmingham said...

Ok, about that video, John. Wow, what a hot girl!! But I started thinking maybe Its not a good idea to want to date a girl who is willing to use a utility knife to slice open testicles (even if she is only makin calf fries)....just sayin (:-/

Allen Hare said...

Yep, John, put me in touch with Russell the knife man. I'd like to get one of those knives, and help support a "local" craftsman.

That girl in the video is charming and talented. Not sure if I could ever eat calf fries. Maybe if I was VERY hungry, or if she cooked 'em for me.

alex said...

Great post.

community.cbr.com