Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pea Hail...

The Panther Mountain Clan is out for spring break.  My 2 favorite part time neighbors (Sherry and David) dropped in today for an update tour. 

Cut a bunch of OSB today to line the inside of the all the doors on the greenhouse.  Got most of it mounted...still have to make the window cuts on the inside and frame it through.   Only critters allowed in now are bugs, birds, and bunnies - and junk to be sorted.

Got 2 dwarf banana plants in the mail today.  Set them at home in a big feed tub with a blend of native soil, really old longhorn poo, and store bought potting mix. 












Stuff is sprouting and blooming out here - in a controlled environment.

Blessed with a brief downpour tonight for about 15 minutes with a bit of pea sized hail.  70,89,50, .13", B

8 comments:

Al said...

John, have you thought about having a "garage" sale? You have accumulated a LOT of stuff!

Al

Dani said...

John - check this out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG9xYVyAnuc&feature=player_embedded

Joni said...

John, I started reading your blog about a year ago when Pat O'Bryan posted an interview with you on his blog. About a month ago I decided to start at the beginning. I have cried, laughed, mostly laughed, and love your photographs. I have read every entry, clicked every photo, followed every link and read most every comment. This is fascinating, intriguing stuff.

I am thankful for the technology that allows me to get acquainted with someone living a life completely opposite of mine. I live in a city, in rainy Oregon.

I have now a deep appreciation for the desert which I mistakenly thought was ugly.

I have also been motivated to start a blog - although have only posted 8 entries and had 1 visitor.

Thank you for the wealth of information you and your commentors are providing.

remmij said...

pea hail is better than pee hell, stay healthy, drink plenty of liquids as the heat rolls in. How are the acoustics inside? during the hail event?

Tana Mc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tana Mc said...

Let me try again with out the glaring typos....

I think that it is cool that even though you are living in the middle of nowhere, you seem to have company several times a week!

Big Bend Inquirer said...

Pea hail is always better than Pee hail...

Allen Hare said...

Nice interior shot of the greenhouse. The doors look great with the wood on them. It seems you have it all sealed up now. I know there's a lot of work left to do, and you'll probably never really be "done" with it, though. Still and all, to those who've been with you for a while, it sure has come a long way.

Love all the sprouts, especially the little cactus.

Congratulations on the little bit of rain.