Sunday, May 12, 2013

the work of our hands...

Just found this news from my old upstate home town.
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-man-finishes-writing-entire-bible-hand-014023251.html

Psalm 90 : 12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. 13 Return , O LORD, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants. 14 O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. 15 Make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil. 16 Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children. 17 And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.  74,79,53,0,B,0

2 comments:

gumo said...

My mother died a few days after my fourth birthday. The only knowledge I have of her comes from stories my family tells.
When I was a teenager, my dad handed me an envelope. Inside was a letter Mother had written to me before she passed away. I read her handwritten note: “I want to tell you how very much I love you and how I wanted and waited for you. You probably won’t remember too much about me as the years go by, but I want you to grow into a fine young man, to be always mindful of God, and to ask for God’s direction. Remember your mother loved you with all her heart and will always be with you in spirit.”
To be loved by someone I don’t remember is a strange, wonderful feeling. Actually, we all can know what it feels like. My mother’s love is but a reflection of the love of God, our parent, who has yearned for us from the beginning of time.
The Bible is a letter from God to us, reminding us of the love that mysteriously embraces us until we see God face to face. As Jesus said, “Remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age” (Matt. 28:20).
Gregory M. Weeks (Missouri, USA)

I retrieved this message today from a daily devotional I read every morning. If you may be interested in a free daily devotional, I think you may enjoy The Upper Room.

nottfar@gmail.com said...

I love the silver cross, the scripture and the comment above. This site is a breath of fresh air; thank you.