Tuesday, July 5, 2022

That Bunn Special...

 

Finally got the replacement mainspring and installed it.  Was hoping that the watch would magically start running when I wound it up.  No such luck.  I really didn't want to disassemble it, so I peeked inside with my magnifying loupe and found the problem pretty quickly (there really aren't that many parts).  The impulse jewel is gone.  Since replacing that is something that is beyond my skill set, the watch is either going back to the owner or to a real watchmaker.  I am waiting to hear back from a couple of online pocket watch restoration guys that I contacted.  The owner is going to rely on my recommendation so I want to make sure I find someone that will repair and fully service the piece.  My deal was no labor charge if I can't get it running - just parts which amounts to about 50 bucks for the new mainspring and a couple of case screws.  I gave it my best shot.  86,100,70,0,B   

No comments: