Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Synchronicity...

I am ending up using 3D printed timing wheels instead of all the aluminum ones I ordered. Sending them back for a $75 refund! Had a beast of a time figuring out a problem I was having with the second set of stepper motors. One of them worked just fine, but the other kept getting hung up and had very low torque. Tried 3 different motors and they all had the same problem. I finally found the hitch: In some earlier testing, I briefly wired up power to one of the motor drivers reverse polarity and it didn't run and the IC on the board got really hot. I rewired it and it seemed OK - but apparently, it wasn't. When I swapped out the board for a new one the problem was solved. Pretty satisfying seeing these run perfectly in sync... 79,85,44,0,W

No comments: