Monday, December 19, 2011

behind closed doors...

That good chance of rain turned into a downpour that lasted about 12 seconds at 3:30AM.  Wasn't able to get back to sleep till 6.  Woke up again at 7:30 to clearing skies and what turned out to be a perfectly sunny (windy) day.
Ya know...I ended up putting doors on all my little cubby holes in the hut so I wouldn't have to look at all the stuff.  Since I seem to be in year end clean up mode - I just had to sort through all the stuffed away secrets today.  Ended up with a box of miscellaneous electronic parts'n'cables to stash away elsewhere and two cubic feet of worthless paperwork slated for the burn pit.

UPS Manny stopped by this afternoon with a delivery for me (he thoroughly enjoyed the pizza).  Come to think of it - he kinda looks like a lot of the guys who work in pizza joints in NYC.  Got an auto iris lens for my IP Cam.  Haven't been happy with the dynamic range that the camera has with standard lenses and internal controls...just doesn't handle low light situations very well.  Took an hour to dial it in, loosening a back focus adjustment because of a C-Mount spacer attached to the new lens....we shall see.
50.63,45,0,W

6 comments:

BBC said...

I give up, what is with the tin can hanging over the monitor?

John Wells said...

designer light fixture

BBC said...

LED?

I make my own LED lights, one of my pure white 16 bulb 12 volt LED lights will burn 24/7 for a month before a car battery has to be recharged back up.

Longer than that if needed. The light over my computer desk is one I made, it runs off of a converter but if the grid goes down I only need to hook it up to a car battery being as I make my lights to run at 12 volts.

Rev.JimmyLeeBob said...

"A designer light fixture" and I thought it was the Field Lab version of the RED PHONE....

mike said...

Hay BBC I put those led lites on my model airplane so I can fly at nite

Allen Hare said...

It feels good to jettison some unwanted clutter. Good for you. I need to do it, too.