Thursday, December 15, 2011

One Million Served

Feels kinda weird that this blog has been visited over a million times.  Watched the counter go over the mark and tagged the millionth visitor.  Reckon I will just keep plugging away till I get it all done out here...stay tuned.

Thanks for the suggestions on my IT dilemma....beckerized and Andy Newall - send me an email so we can sort this out.  Would be nice to get it all fully functional some day.  Don't mean to leave UK-IT Neil out of the loop, but he needs to concentrate on the desert rover robot project.












Did a work around today for fun....avoiding computer issues.  This doesn't solve the problem of deep space imaging or controlling the telescope but at least I can zoom in on far away objects with the stickam cam if I choose.  Unscrewed the lens on the Logitech web cam and duct taped it to a mount to fit the telescope - and now I can see almost into the future.  This is an Inukshuk on top of Mt. McKenna just over a half mile away.

Dick Cain came by today looking for some his longhorns to push back to their winter grazing grounds.  He called me this morning and I told him about 20 were in the neighborhood  I asked him some questions about Benita's history.  Seems he used to call her Strawberry long before I showed up and named her Benita - a very fitting name.  I asked him if he had any old photos of her and he thinks he might have one from when she was only 4 years old with her first calf.  I sure hope he can dig that up.  51,64,45,0,B

Tonight's blog post brought to you by TEQUILA!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7nbmjkImHQ

17 comments:

2 Dogs said...

Shoulda open a hamburger joint there, you would be rich now.

BBC said...

Seems like you should eat Benita before she just dies and goes to waste. Not that anything in nature is wasted, over the long haul.

Over a million hits hey? So, have you improved the world any yet? I damn sure haven't.

mike said...

now there is a real cowboy

WGZ said...

1 million and counting. Who knows where it will lead but then again neither did Ray Kroc, so when you make the big discovery be prepared for the fame. The county might even need to improve the roads!

Rita B. said...

It's nice to finally see Mr. Cain. That guy must keep plenty busy hunting down wayward cattle. Also interesting to know what it was that we were looking at today (inuit) when the camera was moving around so much. but now both my home and work computers (macs) say i need to update to Adobe Flash 11.1 to watch the lab happenings. wonder what changed? Also, Tequila reminds me of the Austin Lounge Lizards "The Drugs That I Need."

Bob Smith said...

Where is Dick's shooter?
Can't be ridin' the range without a shooter. Yeehaw.

zwango said...

Congratulations!
That is no small feat!

repsychallblues said...

Congrats on the million hits. Having a shot of tequila to celebrate?

MsBelinda said...

Congratulations John!!

If the winner does not claim his prize, I leave this for your consideration:

http://terlinguadreams.blogspot.com/2011/12/close-but-no-cigar.html

Andy from Workshopshed said...

Wow a million, that's a lot of viewers. My analytics on workshopshed say that I've only had 105,529 visitors so it could be a few years before I join such hallowed ground. :)

p.s. it's raining here in London, despite reports that it's snowing

Carlos said...

Congratulations on the 1 million visitors milestone. For us regular visitors, that's not much of a surprise. Your daily adventures give all of us hope that some day we can escape the rat race of urban/suburban lifestyle.

Rev.JimmyLeeBob said...

Dig those tapaderos....

Ziv said...

John , it was interesting to look at the details of your 1 millionth visitor. His machine is a Mac/XP combo (Hackintosh) browsing via Safari 1.3 (!!!). It appears he fits your demographic ...

Diane Sirois said...

Bring on the Benita baby pictures.

The Flying Tortoise said...

Congratulations John, they say the first million is the hardest...
Best of wishes to you.

Greg said...

Congratulations on the 1MM visitor milestone John. I hope all the virtual visitors don't decide to make a physical visit all on the same day.

ezrablu said...

Congrats on the million mark! Fantastic photo of Mr. Dick Cain.