Friday, January 6, 2012

dirtday...

Nice surprise this morning...Benita came home.  She's been gone since Monday afternoon.  When she wanders off like that, I'm never quite sure if I will ever see her again.













Chuck came by this morning to lend a hand with some digging for the rest of the courtyard sections that need back fill.  Man and machine in a couple of hours did what would have taken me a couple of days by hand.













Checked the new front hitch mount and it needed a little spreading to line up with the holes under the truck.  Took Chuck's suggestion to use a bottle jack (a quick fix).  An hour and a half later it was firmly bolted to the frame.  55,73,26,0,B

11 comments:

BBC said...

I'd be really interested in your opinion of how good those tow around diggers are.

Larry Prater said...

I am so glad Benita came back.

remmij said...

remote Benita roamin' cam? might be interesting to see what she is seeing... but a girl needs to maintain some moostery... nice moon shots - was surprised how much it showed up on the stickam even before you brought the telescope into play - at first it appeared you had another "ufo" in the blue evening TX sky.

Bob from Athens said...

Looks like you was digging that hole right out in the front yard or driveway, what ya gonna do now, dig another one to fill that one ?

Susie said...

Have you ever thought about hooking Benita up with a web cam to see where she goes? I know it has been done with other critters, why not Benita?

Leander Linda said...

A girl needs her space sometimes. But she knows when to come home.

Rita B. said...

that's really a beautiful long shot of her comin'n alone. so glad she's back.

Zole said...

Almost sad to see this shot of her by herself.

Allen Hare said...

Good to see the old gal back.

Interesting little backhoe. Looks like you have a grave ready to go, in case you need to plant someone.

I like the front bumper hitch receiver. Where did you get it? I'd like to get a new one for the back AND front of my truck.

John Wells said...

Allen... www.advanceautoparts.com/

Grits said...

I found Benita this morning resting right next to my coffee pot.