Tuesday, January 10, 2012

totentotes

Alpine run today to stock up on stuff and pick up my IBC totes.  Just so happened that Julianne was in town with her truck too, so I loaded 2 into mine and 1 into hers for transport back to TFL.  The plan is to use these for an aquaponics experiment.  http://www.backyardaquaponic.com/ 

When she dropped off the third IBC, Julianne also brought along a replacement shaft key for Jam (JuliAnne's Mixer).  I extracted my quick fix screw and the real fix is in now.  48,59,24,0,B

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Totes!


Lots of those used down here on ranches in South Texas. Also those totes are used in the oil drilling and natural gas fracking up in the Eagle Ford Shale.

John, I hope those totes are new. I've seen lots of them that had fracking fluid and fluid to clean out H2S (hydrogen sulfide) from oil wells stored in them for sale on craigslist.

Unknown said...

John where is the set screw to hold the shear pin in?Did the shear pin shear off or did your set screw come out?

MontelloOffGrid said...

John, if you get any more cool I'll be forced to start thinking less of myself! Can't wait to see this project to its end....best of luck and many continued thanks for doing what you do....

De La Mancha said...

GREAT minds think alike. I've been researching it for a while and found this site: http://www.byapmagazine.com/

Hope you find it helpful & informational....

nate.mckenzie.aouc said...

Would love to hear what your aquaponics experiment is going to be!

Allen Hare said...

Some great stuff here. Thanks for the links, John, and De La Mancha.

Unknown said...

I have read all the comments just now.This are very nice.Try to use this shear pin .Thanks for add this valuable comments.