Monday, April 21, 2014

Flight training debriefing...


Well, it has been 2 weeks since I did my second, third, and forth flights.  Have yet to zoom up since Kurt left.  Spent the first week recovering from the physical exertion my first flights required and since then been practicing ground handling (kiting) as weather has permitted.  Just as I have read and been taught...the more you practice - the more the motions become anticipatory rather than reactive.  Keeping things under control makes for an easy launch.  As you can imagine, it doesn't take very many aborted launch attempts to wear you down while hefting 90 lbs on your back.  I am gaining the confidence necessary to take off on my own very soon.

Here is an interesting note about my choice of trainers for the sport of powered paragliding.  There are a lot of different sale pitches out there and I have researched them all.  The thing that really sold me on Kurt Fister and www.flightjunkies.com had nothing to do with products or offers - it was a brief mention in one of his YouTube videos about him accepting Christ as his savior.  That is one sales pitch that no one else dared to offer.  Two weeks ago I posted about my first flight that happened on a Sunday.  What I left out that day was after my premier flight early that morning, Kurt flew my unit north and landed at The Big Bend Tabernacle and gave his testimony to our congregation.  How he came to Christ is a great story.  When he isn't teaching powered paragliding - he is teaching Christians how to win souls.  The scripture I posted yesterday is subtly noted on his business card.  72,91,58,0,C          

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool way to share the best news of all time...

dave said...

Another lesson for all. Praise God.

Unknown said...

Amen to that Brother!