Monday, April 7, 2014

Flight Training - Last Day


Lucked out with a calm morning for my last 4 hours of training.  Got 3 more flights in and finally landed on my feet for one of them.  Capt. Kurt had to leave at noon to catch a flight back to Florida, but we had just enough time to get an hour of kiting in so he could teach me what I need to work on before I try another flight without him here to assist on the take off.

This afternoon while I was resting the aches and pains of my newly flight worthy body (I seem to have used some muscles that haven't been used in a while) ...2 of the 6 eggs hatched in my incubator.  69,84,49,0,B

7 comments:

Rob said...

Loved the landing & congrats on the chicks!

Miss America said...

I've been reading your blog for a long time. But long time not been checking it. Just did tonight, and I wondered if you would mind this question, and if not, would you answer it: Since living close to the Earth and Nature the way you are now, do you find you are much more religious than before you went off the grid? Your posts seem to be more biblical, more often, and I am wondering if this is a deeper sense of (fill in the word) God, spirit, religion, than you had before. I find it to be of interest. Hope you are well. Still miss Benita. Still think she was air lifted out by aliens.

Anonymous said...

Nice landing! With a little wind you'd have landed slower, but it looks like you've got that flare part down.

czardastx said...

Such cute chicks, I wonder if one of them will turn into the protector that Carl was.

just.Bob said...

Pull n Push...
It worked!

Mike said...

Awesome is ill I can say about your flight!

Jim said...

Hope you have better luck with wind than we are here. We have had the balloon up 3 times since Dec.