Saturday, May 23, 2015

finally some rain...

There have been a bunch of storms moving through the area for the last couple of days.  All of them missed me till this afternoon.  TFL caught the last bit of a string of thunderstorms that moved through the area.  I saw it coming on the doppler radar and headed out to the mailboxes and grabbed a few items at the corner store.  The rain hit hard about an hour later.

Had a nice surprise in the mailbox.  My friend Paul Roccaforte sent me a custom graphite mold he made just for me - including a sterling silver cast he had done with it.  He recently had a death in the family and had shut down his Ebay store where I had been buying my molds (he had quite a following and lots of customers).  Once I started casting 2 years ago, we corresponded quite a bit and he started following my blog.  A little over a month ago I sent him an email offering my condolences and I mentioned he must have had a lot of questions sent to him once he ended his store.  I told him that I didn't want to add to the deluge of email questions especially due to the circumstances and that I had just pressed ahead and made my own molds thanks to all the information he has put out on the web.  He is a really good guy and I pray he gets past the loss and gets back into his workshop.  66,86,70, .62,W

8 comments:

Stephen McGuire said...

Wow, that's awesome!

Unknown said...

I definitely would want a Benita coin. Loved that old girl.

rondeb said...

Very thoughtful of him and a great mold. I don't know how many ingots you can get out of one mold, but those might be a special run at a special premium price.

Larry G said...

He done you good for sure!

Margery Billd said...

Fer shure.

HordeHey said...

very nice .

Rita B. said...

That's a great looking mold! Glad you didn't get any damage from the weather. Bathrooms in Terlingua lost their roof. Ha!

Rev.jimmyleebob said...

Purdy cool...hit the trifecta..critters got a bath, filled your tanks,and brick of silver. That cell on the left would be making me a little nervous. Got hit by a water spout offshore in the 70's. Picked the boat up and damn near turned it over.