Thursday, October 26, 2017

my spidey senses are tingling tonight...

Technetium (99mTc) sestamibi (INN) (commonly sestamibiUSP: technetium Tc 99m sestamibi; trade name Cardiolite) is a pharmaceutical agent used in nuclear medicine imaging. The drug is a coordination complex consisting of the radioisotope technetium-99m bound to six (sesta=6) methoxyisobutylisonitrile (MIBI) ligands. The anion is not defined. The generic drug became available late September 2008. A scan of a patient using MIBI is commonly known as a "MIBI scan."
Sestamibi is mainly used to image the myocardium (heart muscle). It is also used in the work-up of primary hyperparathyroidism to identify parathyroid adenomas, for radioguided surgery of the parathyroid and in the work-up of possible breast cancer.  82,90,59,9,W

10 comments:

Steve said...

That stuff will make your pee glow.

John Wells said...

If my pee glows...you can bet I will post a video of it...

Margery Billd said...

Can you tell us the prognosis? Pretty blue shirt you wore.

Margery Billd said...

And your arms are so white-must protect yourself well from the sun. The shirt matches your skin tone and looks good.

Unknown said...

Geez are you ok John? With our big trek soon I am pretty seldom on social media these days. Did you have an angiogram? I need to have one next year when I see my cardioligist and I am poeping myself. With my high cholesterol he needs to check how my arteries and veins look. Best John. Hope you are ok.

John Wells said...

Just a precautionary measure. I am at the age where all my youthful indiscretions will start catching up to me.

Zole said...

Are you still puffing the cigs?

Margery Billd said...

I had that test in my 50's when I volunteered to be in a cholesterol study and be paid. I was eliminated because they said my arteries were too clear. But I do not know now, 20 some years later, because I have eaten in restaurants (not quite the health nut I used to be) and since I have gotten my new stove (finally after 20 years), I have sometimes cooked in bacon grease. So much fun. My dogs have gone nuts with this new thing of cooking and the smells. Well one only lives once - enjoy it.

pamit said...

Man, are they still using Technetium? We used that isotope in the Nuclear Medicine Dept. back in the 70's, when I worked in a hospital lab in Washington DC (Sibley). I thought something better would have replaced it by now... though I am not sure WHY I would think that :-)

John Wells said...

Zole...yes, but apparently cigs are off the menu from now on.