Sunday, July 19, 2009

now that's a table

Had my morning coffee out by the greenhouse while Benita had a breakfast snack. All of a sudden she looked up and turned to the south. Sure enough, about 500 yards away, a deer was wandering by. Nice call, Benita.

Got to work on the table by 9AM and plugged away till 2. Ryan came by and we headed over to Gini V's Steak Emporium. Had a great lunch and got the chance to meet a local known only as Amazon. We also tested out some dehydrated survivalist food samples she ordered. Not bad at all especially if the rest of the world has gone to hell....

We left at 5:30 and noticed some ominous looking weather out by the Field Lab. Sure enough it rained - the last half mile of my road was a slippery swamp but was able to slide and swerve the rest of the way home. We got a very isolated .17" of rain.

Took 2 more hours to finish the table. Had just enough material to fabricate all the sections and it came together just like I envisioned it....sure is nice when stuff works out the way you plan it. Will have to tweak some of the legs to get the monster leveled off. It's 40' long and 6' wide at the ends. I think I have enough parts to weld together to justify the construction of such an elaborate platform. It sure will make welding the trusses a lot easier...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made me real happy to see your horned visitor drop by. Hope he decides to make it a habit.

Allen Hare said...

Smooth work on the table, John.
I can't wait to see how you get those trusses up onto the tops of the containers. I know you must have a plan....

rj said...

I am just looking forward to seeing the trusses....

denziel56 said...

jw,
i see you got you all 4 turbins back up, let me know if you need help to hang out the trusses.
.b

Anonymous said...

John, I noticed you do have a few windpower generators and solar pannels. Do you have way too much power now, that you have to have a diversion load so as not to over load your batts?

Unknown said...

The local you met is not only known as Amazon because she is tall, but as Laura also. She used to manage the feed store before Dennis who was before Julie.