Thursday, July 16, 2009

scratch that itch

Off day at the Field Lab today....had a visit from my new best friends Sarai, Joy, and Bruce. (They not only brought beer and bought my lunch - but also brought some gifts - they are welcome back anytime!) Sarai is going off to college soon...perhaps I will have a position available for a brainiac nuclear physicist in the future. I met Bruce briefly a couple of months ago at the grocery store in Alpine. I can already tell that we will be life long friends. Texans are the friendliest folks I ever met.

This afternoon, Ryan and I ran some new wiring for the GrubShack. Now Betty has more than enough outlets without having to worry about tripping the breakers in the trailer. Think we have some free meals coming down the pipeline for our services.

Big news of the day is that Benita came home late last night with what must me one of her sons. The two were inseparable last night and all day today. I have named him Ben for obvious reasons. Hopefully she brought him by to introduce him to a "friend of the longhorns". Late today as I was having a can of gift beer from Bruce, Benita came over to the porch to scratch her neck. I bet that felt good....

12 comments:

Gavin Thomas said...

John, glad to see Benita back. I was worried you'd lose your friend. I loved the article about the solar kit. I'd see that advertisement a few times posted on the web and thought it looked way "TO GOOD". Glad I'm not the only one skeptical of that deal.

Nicole "Nikki" Mason said...

Thank goodness! I hope she stays safe. Please give Benita a pat on the head for all her fans that are glad she's back.

2L84Me said...

John, Benita is introducing you to her family. Somehow I think she is moving the kids in! Congratulations!
Now as for your Evaluation article, I really liked the input. Respect your experience and technical knowledge. After you get things in order at the Filed Lab, it would be nice to see more. Maybe even a Tech portion of your blog. First the Lab!

The Flying Tortoise said...

The Flying Tortoise, a 1977 Bedford Housebus is following The Field Lab from New Zealand... Having lived soley with Solar for the last twenty years I identify with your lifestyle and applaud you... We are doing the same things on different continents and we are not alone...I live the philosophies of Henry David Thoreau, Zen Buddhism and the Japanese Wabi-Sabi...

Billy Bob said...

See John, we told ya. But I'm sure you knew the same thing. A good "watch cow" always returns returns home when the belly is riding on empty. As far as moving in the kids, you gonna have to have a talk. Put the boy to work to earn his keep. "Field Lab" ain't no "free gratis" homeless shelter.

linda said...

Benita is so cool and do are you for loving her. Hope she stays around.

neil said...

STS-127 docking with ISS shortly
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/

"Houston - good burn, no trim required."

Donald W. Mahan said...

A suggestion. Change the name "Field Lab" to the "Lonesome
Longhorn Lab" and Benita will never stray again.

Winterchill said...

Flying Tortoise do you have a blog that we could all follow?

pwp said...

Good to see new visitors know that bringing gifts increases chances of lifelong friendship. We're still saving our pennies and will be your neighbors some day!
Your Manager,
Porter

messtime said...

If someone has not already provided John with this link: http://www.pacinfo.com/~eps/Used.html - it is a link to a company in oregon selling refurbished used phone booths.

denziel56 said...

Thanks JW,
Had a blast yesterday,The girls were a little beat but the old man sure had fun checking out All of your current projects and the ones you have finished. Good to have a friend down south who can use a computer and a welding machine in the same day! looking foward to return again in the fall months.Benita was icing on the cake Cheers! bb