Friday, September 25, 2009

averted catastrophe

Must have gotten a little careless with the spacer welding and a bit too familiar with manhandling truss 6 this morning. As I pulled it off the table and started to jack it upright - about 20 of the welds on my 6" pieces popped and the truss started warping. Laid it down on the ground and REALLY welded the popped pieces back into place. That's what I get for working just a bit too fast. Got it raised and started welding the opposite side. Took a break at 1:30 for a shower! - I was suddenly overcome by the filth factor since I spent all morning out in the sun and in the dust fixing my morning mishap. Didn't want to waste being all cleaned up so I headed south to send out some mail and do a little banking. Came back to the Field Lab at 3PM and put my stinky clothes back on and got back to work. Officially done with truss building as of 6:30PM. 81,93,56,0

14 comments:

texascowpunk said...

I guess lesson learned! Good to see the progress!

Texmom said...

I am wondering what will happen to your good hot showers during the winter?

Anonymous said...

Done with truss building? YEEHAW!!

you tuckered out tonight or you gonna go celebrate?

mike said...

lot of work

mike said...

lot of work

J said...

You can say that again, Mike. ;-)

mike said...

yup a double post (old people)

TexasMan said...

Now you can get the jig out of our way for ....?
Great progress!

Billy Bob said...

Field Lab Stadium will have grand opening by Dec. 15, 2009 with an exhibition game between the Dallas Cowboys and Terlingua Taranchulas.
The construction firm of JW and B will be constructing parking facilities for 10 cars and putting finishing touches on bleacher seating for 30 fans.
Good job JW and B.

Pipsqeek said...

Wow, finally done building the trusses. Starting to look like Sydney Harbour.

Mr_Brown said...

Congratulations on getting the trusses done. Now we get to see the outside and inside progress.

CharlieO said...

Hi John wish I had you build my place I actually might have a place if I did you are doing great work at top speed fun to keep up with your progress Charlie O'Neill

Nikki said...

Ya do good John!

David said...

I think that's the best picture of you yet. If you wanna know what John Wells is all about, this shot sums it up the best. Great to see someone doing what he loves for all the right reasons. Keep being inspiring, John.