Monday, October 25, 2010

great weight...

Another day too nice to spend mixing concrete - but I just couldn't put it off any longer.  Jumped into the pour this afternoon.  Walter gets a raise today.  He selflessly churned without even a burp for the duration of the mixathon.  2.5 hours, 25 bags of concrete, 25 gallons of water, 2208.5 lbs moved by hand.  That's only 14.74lbs per minute but I'm sure I will feel it tomorrow. 

Big boost in the mail today.  Although I am months away from actually planting anything in the greenhouse - I have been thinking about what to grow.  Taking advice from some good friends.  Got my superfood seeds from Blackbird Naturals. Wild and organic seeds to start the food flow.  A great selection and outstanding packaging (I love little wooden boxes and tiny tins).    
http://www.blackbirdnaturals.com/grow-superfood-seeds/  (give the page some time to load so you can read all about the goodies)  80,87,45,0,W 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

With all due respect John Blackbird has just sold you the sizzle.The packaging is worth more than the weeds.But all so a flower is a weed that has not been discovered.

tffnguy said...

Binetta will take care of the seeds. Don't worry about it.

Dani said...

Seed selection looks good. How you gonna water them - with your grey water?

Boo Barksdale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Young said...

With all due Respect Ted, Blackbird Naturals is hardly selling weed seeds. Yes, some of the wild greens are often seen as weeds.. but Maca? Goji? Astralugus?
Hardly weeds.

Good Growing John!
xo
deb milford young

John Wells said...

What she said...I fully support the efforts of Blackbird Naturals. Their "sizzle" is about more than just the seeds.

Allen Hare said...

Photo #1 represents a lot of work. Glad you got that behind you. Do you have another of the same to do on the other side?

Man, what a great link to the Blackbird Naturals site! I bookmarked it my "Green" folder. It's great to see you embracing the holistic approach. I wish you the best of luck with the growing. Looking forward to seeing some goodies from your greenhouse.