Wednesday, October 13, 2010

logistics...

Almost headed up to Odessa this morning....almost.  Talked myself out of the trip at the last minute.  I prefer to deal with vendors face to face or over the internet - but not by phone.  Have had absolutely no luck until today sussing out my transparent polycarbonate roofing order by phone with Home Depot.  Finally found a "sales associate" that knew exactly what I was looking for and was able to seal the deal.    The final section of roofing is ordered and should be ready for pick-up in 7 to 10 days.  This is the product I am going with. 
http://www.palramamericas.com/Suntuf

Found a good deal on a roof rack for my truck to ease transport of the roofing once it arrives - I hate pulling long trailers. http://www.harborfreight.com/800-lb-capacity-full-size-truck-rack-98511.html  Made arrangements for my friend Julianne (bee keeper/piano tuner/chemistry professor) to pick it up and bring it down to the ranch this Friday. 
Just finished the final rendering of the Field Lab greenhouse complex - long term plan.  73,88,52,0,W

9 comments:

Bruce S said...

John,
Your complex looks good. I like a man with ambition.
Is that my place over on the left?

Just Me said...

Looks like you picked some good panels! Hope you don't have to use that warranty against hail damage, but it's sure nice to know you've got it.

Allen Hare said...

Great to see the greenhouse approaching completion. The material you chose looks very good and durable. Also, the rack for the pick-up looks like just the thing. A great, light weight alternative to a trailer, and it can be easily removed when not in use.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Ok Hwa and I will be down for the Chili Cook-Off, as usual, and will check in with you. Let us know if you need anything from town. She always asks about you, and enjoys checking your progress via the blog.

Best of luck with everything.

Dizzy-Dick said...

In that last picture, I see you put in a huge water catchment empoundment. As far as I can see, it is blue water. . .for ever :-0

mike said...

Hi John, I have been considering that rack for my truck.
I imagine you will, but please post a review here after you install and use it.

Thanks,
Mike

neil said...

TFL-TimeLapse-20101013

Guy Hodges said...

Sounds good John - guess I will see you some time next week...

chempilot said...

very nice. and what do your neighbors think of such and ambitious endeavor? :O)

larry snyder said...

I like your Grhs plan. If I can be of any help just yell. I spent 55 years in the greenhouse/nursery business.