Saturday, December 18, 2010

4 more panels up...

...but just didn't have it in me to take another picture of the roof.   This is going to go on till the end of the year.  Rigged another string of lights on the house.  I got blue and white - just have to figure out how to add the real color to it.
From the archives: here is a photo I did for Fortune Magazine back in the NYC daze...when the internet was just starting to take off.  (note some business models that worked - Google, YouTube, Facebook)   First they called me about building props for a shoot - then they hired me to photograph it as well.  Editorial photo rates are pretty minimal.  I think I got paid $250 to shoot the picture.  But my prop building business at the time made $750 to get the stuff together.  Glad I got out of that racket years ago....photoshop would have killed my prop business.  55,69,29.0,C

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John

You can start your own version of "Facebook", call it "Fieldbook". You got skills with photograghy. Take high end pics of your world, the ranch, Big Bend and put togathar a coffee table book filled with pics, that could be your "Fieldbook". (I will buy a signed copy)

rj said...

Reminds me of the Bose ad where the subject is "blown away" with the sound. Photoshop still requires the imagination component; sometimes photography reflects what cut and paste can never generate.

Gavin Thomas said...

I don't think that authoring a book would be that hard for you John. You don't necessarily have to publish a printed book, even a digital Kindle version would be great.

Allen Hare said...

10-4 on capt'n crunch and Gavin's comments. Count me in on a published copy. e-books are the way to go, although I am still rather fond of real books.

Thanks for a little more insight into your pre-F.L. days. Sounds very interesting, and I love the photo.