Tuesday, September 27, 2011

CHL


Got the final detail today for my CHL...photos from http://www.passportphotosonline.com/   I sent the digital images last Thursday and got the printed output today in the mail.  Sending off my package to DPS tomorrow.

Another round of rain in the forecast so I stocked up down south just in case.

Did a bit a of prep for the next phase of greenhouse welding then Maria the plant lady showed up to check on my Terlingua Creek Cat's Eye plants.  Inspired me to find more blooms to shoot.  Found some more sources for wildlife habitat dam funding so I fired off emails to the US Fish and Wildlife Service  and the Environmental Defense Fund.  Have an appointment next week in Alpine with Texas Parks and Wildlife. Playing two angles...wildlife habitat and protecting an endangered species.   82,103,63,0,B

9 comments:

Ben in Texas said...

You don't want either one ,wildlife habitat and protecting an endangered specie on your land. You'll find out real quick you can't even spit on your property due to some violation of some federal law!! Don't do it.

2 Dogs said...

Yep, be careful. They find some endangered plant or critter or some move in, you will be out.

liteluvr said...

I would think the farther away you stay from the .gov, the happier you'll stay.

vbklein said...

can these funds be used for lake Ament on the other side of the highway?

THAT OLD DAM is impressive even though not holding water.

BigCat said...

strange...in CT we're REQUIRED to carry concealed

Charlton said...

I don't usually comment however, when I noticed you mentioned you were inviting the gov't over I cringed. Not the gov't specifically but for that purpose. You invite them over for dinner so to speak and they will end up telling you what the menu will be, what fork you will use, and when and if you will have a BM afterwards. Then you will have to document every footstep you make afterwards. BTW, I just received my copy of "Folks, This Ain't Normal" and I was surprised to find that their farm is in the area where I grew up and miss. We too had a small family farm of 10 acres. We also used to pick blackberries on the property and sell them for $2/gallon. Now? we'd be arrested if we didn't have a permit. I do miss the farm.

Allen Hare said...

Nice pics today.

Looking forward to seeing the next phase of the greenhouse.

Ziv said...

Making the government your partner would be a bad plan. Run, Forrest! Run!

Carlos said...

The State of Texas is very good about letting private landowners use their land as they see fit even with endangered species on them. I'd steer clear of any Federal involvement. BTW He can't build in that area anyway because it's a natural watercourse(state law). His property line moves with the water level but he can build a dam that will hold enough water to cover 200 acres with one foot of water for the raising of livestock. Folks that's a lot of water. Check with the Texas Agriculture as well, they maybe able to help as well.