Sunday, July 29, 2012

first weigh in













Good church morning then headed to Chuck's to pick up a scale.  First meeting with his new German Shepard puppy, Sage.  What she will lack in horns, she will make up for in fangs.  Picked up little Ben and he weighed it at 61 lbs.  Hard for me to tell how fast he is growing since I see him everyday - now I have a benchmark. The hens are doing well...should start laying in about a month.  First critters I've owned that I haven't really bonded with - I just feed and water them.  Their favorite meal is grated cabbage, carrots, and organic quinoa.  Swiss Chard to supplement dinner tonight.  92,100,70,0,B, .15

7 comments:

John Marshall said...

Been reading and enjoying your blog for some time now. New hat?

alam0tx said...

I think that new hat is for Sunday...

allthatzart said...

awwwwwww what an adorable puppy!!... was sorta hoping she was the latest addition to your critters at the ranch...

Al said...

Been thinking you might want/need a new dog. Rescue dogs are incredible. We've only rescued two here over the years. Both really really appreciated the improvement in the quality of their lives and, despite argument to the contrary from the current pack, they were the best dogs we've had. Cried like a baby when each passed.*

* A dog's only sin is they don't live long enough . . .

All Energies said...

Those are some well-fed chickens! And now I know what to do with the stale quinoa I bought at Blue Water NF.

Rev.jimmyleebob said...

Ah man !...you making me all misty
with puppy..my beloved Lab passed on 2 years ago..can't even think of replacing him...nice hat !

Allen Hare said...

Thanks for the update on the hens. They've grown!
You've assembled quite the menagerie there.
That Swiss Chard photo is probably the most beautiful vegetable photo ever. The use of the setting sun's light to illuminate it was a brilliant stroke.